Altacet in the form of a gel is an anti-swelling, astringent and pain-relieving drug . It relieves pain associated with bruises and other injuries quickly and effectively.
Altacet gel is recommended for the treatment of:
- post-traumatic edema,
- joint swelling,
- swelling caused by 1st degree burns,
- inflammation and swelling caused by insect bites.
Altacet Composition and action:
The Altacet gel contains the active substance – aluminum acetate tartrate, as well as ethanol and menthol as auxiliary substances.
- Aluminum Acetate reduces swelling quickly and is astringent. It also soothes inflammation in irritated tissues. When applied to the skin, aluminum acetate tartrate denatures proteins in oozing and inflammatory skin lesions, reducing exudate and reducing inflammation.
- Ethanol causes vasodilation and facilitates the penetration of the active substance into the tissues.
- Menthol has a cooling, disinfecting and antipruritic effect as well as a gentle analgesic.
Altacet gel is intended for use in children over 3 years of age and adults. The preparation should be applied to the skin in painful areas 3-4 times a day, preferably in the form of compresses.
Altacet is applied topically to the skin in contusions, articular and traumatic swellings as well as in edema caused by 1st ° burns.
Active substance: Aluminii acetotartras
|Active substance||Aluminum acetate tartrate 10 mg / g|
|Auxiliary substances||Ethanol 96%, Levomenthol, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate, Carbomer, Sodium hydroxide, Purified Water.|
The drug has an astringent and anti-swelling effect, relieving pain. The excipient (menthol) has a local cooling effect.
Altacet is intended for topical application to the skin.
The medicinal product is applied to the skin in painful areas 3 to 4 times a day, at intervals of several hours, preferably in the form of compresses.
The product should not be used in an occlusive dressing or wrapped in foil. Only drying compresses may be used.
Do not use in children under 3 years of age.
The duration of treatment depends on the type of disease, the size of the affected area and the effectiveness of the treatment. The product should not be used for more than 3-5 days.
The medicinal product should not be used:
- in hypersensitivity to aluminum acetate tartrate or to any of the excipients of the medicinal product; – in case of extensive wounds;
- on damaged skin and places on the skin with visible eczema;
- on infected skin;
- in children up to 3 years of age.
Altacet is a colorless gel for topical application to the skin with a menthol scent. Tube in a cardboard box.
If signs of irritation or lesions appear on the skin, discontinue use of the medicinal product. The medicinal product should not be applied to the mucous membranes and to the eyes.
If the medicinal product comes into contact with the eyes or mucous membranes, remove the product by rinsing it with plenty of water.
Pregnancy and lactation
There are no data on the effects of the medicinal product on fertility, pregnancy and lactation.
There are no data on the effects of topical aluminum acetate on the ability to drive and use machines.
Local skin reactions may occur and usually disappear after discontinuation of the medicinal product.
The methyl parahydroxybenzoate contained in the product may cause allergic reactions (possible delayed reactions).
When the medicinal product is used on large areas of the skin, when used for a long time or too often, maceration of the skin may occur, and in hypersensitive individuals, erythema, papular and granular reactions. During long-term use of the medicinal product in severe renal insufficiency, the risk of hyperaluminemia and hypophosphataemia cannot be excluded.