Flegamina Classic Raspberry Syrup 120ml
Flegamina Classic Raspberry Syrup is recommended in acute and chronic respiratory diseases associated with expectoration and mucus removal disorders. It contains bromhexine hydrochloride, which acts as an expectorant, liquefies secretions from the respiratory tract.
The drug helps Flegamina expectoration and bronchial cleansing.
Active substance: Bromhexini hydrochloridum
Composition of Flegamina Classic Raspberry Syrup
|5 ml of syrup contains:||4 mg of bromhexine hydrochloride.|
|In addition, the drug contains: citric acid monohydrate, glucose monohydrate, glycerol, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, cochineal, raspberry flavor, ethanol 96%, purified water.|
Always use this medicine exactly as described in the package leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
The usual dose is:
Children from 7 to 12 years of age: 5 ml (1 measuring spoon of the syrup) 3 times a day.
Adults and children over 12 years of age: 10 ml (2 spoonfuls of syrup) 3 times a day.
Do not take the drug immediately before bedtime.
If you have any further questions about the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Use of the drug in children and adolescents
Due to the alcohol content, Raspberry Flavor Flegamina Classic should not be used in children under 7 years of age.
Do not use Flegamina raspberry flavor
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to bromhexine or any of the other ingredients of Flegamina raspberry flavor.
- in children under 7 years of age as this medicine contains alcohol.
Raspberry flavored flegamina is a light red, clear syrup with a raspberry flavor and flavor in an amber glass bottle containing 200 ml of the syrup in a cardboard box. A measuring spoon is included in the package.
Take special care with Flegamina raspberry flavor
- if you suffer from inflammation of the airways accompanied by bacterial infection. Raspberry flavored Flegamina should be taken simultaneously with antibiotics and medications to widen the respiratory tract prescribed by your doctor. Adequate hydration is important, especially in the presence of fever. Adequate hydration of the body increases the dilution of bronchial secretions and facilitates expectoration.
- if you have a history of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, or if you currently have an active ulcer in the stomach and duodenum, as this medicine may make symptoms worse.
- if you have severe liver problems.
- if you have severe kidney problems.
- if new pathological changes appear on the skin or mucous membranes, medical advice should be sought immediately and treatment with bromhexine should be discontinued.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
It is not recommended to use the drug in the first trimester of pregnancy.
During the remainder of pregnancy, the drug should only be used when, in the doctor’s opinion, the benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
Do not use the drug during breastfeeding.
Interactions with other drugs
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including those obtained without a prescription.
Flegamina Classic raspberry flavor should not be used with:
- cough suppressants, such as codeine and its derivatives, as they may suppress the cough reflex and cause secretions in the respiratory tract.
Flegamina Classic with raspberry flavor should be used with caution in the case of simultaneous use:
- atropine and other cholinolytic drugs as they make mucous membranes dry.
- salicylates and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as the drug may increase the irritating effect on the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- antibiotics such as: oxytetracycline, erythromycin, ampicillin, amoxicillin, doxycycline, cefuroxime, as the simultaneous use of the drug with these antibiotics increases their concentration in the lung parenchyma.
Like all medicines, Raspberry Flegamina Classic can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
During treatment, especially long-term use, the following may occur:
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people): upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people): hypersensitivity, rash,
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data): anaphylactic reactions, anaphylactic shock, headache, dizziness, somnolence, bronchospasm, indigestion, angioedema, urticaria, itching, sweating, increased liver enzymes low blood pressure.