Herbapol Stomach Drops 35ml/1.18 fl.oz.
Herbapol Stomach Drops with papaverine drug in the form of drops for oral use. Gastric drops are a traditional herbal medicinal product, the effectiveness of which in the above-mentioned indications is based only on long-term use and experience. The product is sold in a tinted glass bottle with a polyethylene dropper cap.
Stomach drops are traditionally used in adults:
- in indigestion,
- in anorexia.
100 g contains:
- Valerianae tinctura (1: 5) (valerian tincture) – 24.9 g,
- extractant – ethanol 70%, Menthae pip. tinctura (1:20) (mint tincture) – 24.9 g,
- extractant – ethanol 90%, Amara tinctura (1: 5) (bitter tincture) – 24.9 g,
- ex: Gentianae radice, Menyanthidis folio, Auranti amari pericarpio (60.0 parts, 60.0 parts, 50.0 parts),
- extractant – ethanol 70%, Hyperici tinctura (1: 5) (St. John’s wort tincture) – 24.9 g,
- extractant – ethanol 70%, Papaverini hydrochloridum – 0.4 g.
- The product contains 67-74% vol. ethanol.
- The product does not contain any auxiliary substances.
Traditional herbal medicinal product with specific indications arising only from long-term use.
Always take this medicine exactly as described in the package leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
- Adults in case of indigestion: orally, once, about 2.5 ml, which corresponds to 1/2 teaspoon of the preparation in 1/4 glass of water (or sugar).
- Adults in the event of anorexia: about 2.5 ml, which corresponds to 1/2 teaspoon of the preparation in 1/4 glass of water (or sugar), 30 minutes before a meal, 3-4 times a day.
Do not use after the expiry date. The drug is intended for oral use only. If symptoms persist for more than 14 days (2 weeks) despite the use of the product, a doctor should be consulted. No cases of overdose have been reported.
- Allergy to any of the ingredients of the preparation or to menthol.
- Hyperacidity, peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum.
- Do not use the product in patients with gallstones and biliary disorders.
- It is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Store the drug in a closed package at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
- This medicine, like any other medicine, can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- The drug may cause hypersensitivity to sunlight, especially in fair-skinned people.
Regarding the content of St. John’s wort tincture in the product:
- No clinically significant interactions with a daily intake of hyperforin less than 1 mg and a duration of use not more than 2 weeks.
- The content of St. John’s wort tincture in this product is not high, but it does not contain hyperforin, so be extremely careful and take into account the possibility of interactions characteristic of St. John’s wort.
- The combined use of St. John’s wort preparations with antidepressants may cause serotonin syndrome (which is manifested, among others, by headache, hypertension or increased heart rate).
- St. John’s wort preparations may reduce the levels of concomitantly administered antiretroviral drugs (e.g. indinavir), cyclosporine, drugs that reduce blood clotting (e.g. warfarin), theophylline and digoxin.
Warnings and Precautions
- A single dose of the drug contains 1.38 g of ethanol, which is equivalent to 35 ml of beer or 14.6 ml of wine. Do not administer the product to people suffering from liver disease, epilepsy or alcoholism.
- St John’s wort tincture may cause a photoallergic reaction, therefore exposure to UV radiation (e.g. sunbathing, solarium) should be avoided during treatment.
- Peppermint leaf tincture may worsen heartburn in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Children and youth
- The drops are not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility
- Due to the ethanol content and the lack of safety data, it is not recommended to use the product during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- There are no data on the effect on fertility.
Driving vehicles and operating machinery
- The preparation may affect the ability to drive motor vehicles and operate mechanical devices. For this reason, the preparation should not be used before driving a vehicle.
- The alcohol in the product can be detected in the exhaled air.
Krakowskie Zakłady Zielarskie “Herbapol” in Krakow SA
ul. Chałupnika 14
Before use, read the leaflet, which contains indications, contraindications, data on side effects, dosage and information on the use of the medicinal product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist, as each drug used improperly is a threat to your life or health.