When not to use uroFuraginum Max :
- if you are allergic to furazidinum or nitrofuran derivatives or any of the other ingredients of this medicine,
- in the first trimester of pregnancy,
- during term pregnancy (from 38 weeks) and childbirth, due to the risk of hemolytic anemia (anemia associated with the breakdown of red blood cells) in the newborn,
- if you suffer from peripheral polyneuropathy, e.g. diabetic,
- if you have a deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (a disease associated with a genetically determined deficiency of an enzyme involved in the transformations of red blood cells),
- if the patient is diagnosed with renal failure (oliguria, anuria), and laboratory tests show a creatinine clearance below 60 ml/min or an increased level of serum creatinine.