Valerin 200mg (15 Tablets)
Valerin is a herbal medicine that has a sedative effect and helps you sleep. The active substance of the drug is valerian root dry extract (Valerianae radix extractum siccum), and the indications for the use of the preparation are mild states of nervous tension and anxiety, and difficulty in falling asleep. Valerin can be used in adults and children over 12 years of age.
- Mild states of nervous tension and anxiety.
- Difficulty falling asleep.
1 coated tablet contains:
- active ingredient: valerian root dry extract 200 mg (Valeriana officinalis L, radix 3-6: 1, extraction solvent: ethanol 70% (V / V),
- other ingredients: lactose monohydrate, potato starch, mannitol (E 421), magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate, colloidal silica, sucrose, talc, gum arabic, HT brown (E 155), carnauba wax.
Calming, calming, and facilitating falling asleep.
- Adults, adolescents over 12 years of age and the elderly:
- in mild states of nervous tension and anxiety: 1-2 sugar-coated tablets 3 times a day,
- in difficulties with falling asleep: 2-3 sugar-coated tablets for 1/2 hour before planned sleep.
The recommended duration of treatment is 2 to 4 weeks. If symptoms worsen or do not improve after 2 weeks, please contact your doctor.
- Allergy to valerian root extract or any of the other ingredients of the drug and if the patient does not tolerate products containing valerian root (valerian).
- Do not use in children under 12 years of age.
The drug should be stored in the original packaging at a temperature of up to 25 ° C, out of the sight and reach of children.
Valerin, like any other medicine, can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data):
- gastrointestinal complaints, e.g. nausea, abdominal cramps.
Interactions with other drugs
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the medicines you are taking or have recently taken, and about any medicines you plan to take, in particular:
- synthetic sedatives such as barbiturates
- hypnotics from the benzodiazepine group,
- Concomitant use of synthetic sedatives with Valerin is not recommended due to the similar mechanism of action.
- If you are not sure if you are taking any of the above-mentioned drugs, please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and Precautions
- The drug contains lactose and sucrose. If you have been diagnosed with an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking the drug.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
- Due to the lack of data confirming the safety of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding, the use of the drug is not recommended.
Driving vehicles and operating machinery
- Due to the increased tendency to fall asleep, it is not recommended to use the drug by people driving vehicles at night and people experiencing fatigue.
- It is not recommended to drive or operate machinery for up to two hours after taking the drug.
Aflofarm Farmacja Polska Sp. z o . o
. ul. Partyzancka 133/151
Before use, read the leaflet, which contains indications, contraindications, data on side effects, dosage and information on the use of the medicinal product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist, as each drug used improperly is a threat to your life or health.