UroFuraginum Max 100mg (30 Tablets)
UroFuraginum Max contains the active substance furazidine, also called furagin, which is a derivative of nitrofuran. Furazidine inhibits the growth of many bacteria that cause urinary tract infections.
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The tablet can be divided into equal doses.
Oral use. UroFuraginum Max should be administered with meals. At the same time, follow a diet rich in protein. The drug should be washed down with plenty of fluids.
Adults and adolescents over 15 years of age:
First day of use: 400 mg daily in 4 divided doses (1 tablet every 6 hours); next treatment days: 300 mg daily in 3 divided doses (1 tablet every 8 hours).
Usually the drug is used for 7-8 days. If symptoms worsen or do not improve after 7-8 days, see your doctor.
Use in children and adolescents:
The drug should not be used in children and adolescents under 15 years of age.
Do not take UroFuraginum Max
- if you are allergic to furazidine or nitrofuran derivatives or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- in the first trimester of pregnancy
- during term pregnancy (from 38 weeks) and childbirth, due to the risk of haemolytic anemia (anemia associated with the breakdown of red blood cells) in the newborn
- in children and adolescents under 15 years of age
- if you suffer from peripheral polyneuropathy, e.g. diabetic (peripheral nerve damage syndrome, which can be characterized by movement, sensory or other nervous system disorders)
- if you have a deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (a disease associated with a genetically determined deficiency of an enzyme involved in the transformation of red blood cells), because the drug may then cause haemolysis (damage to blood cells and anemia)
- if the patient is diagnosed with renal failure (oliguria, anuria) and laboratory tests show a creatinine clearance below 60 ml / min or an increased level of serum creatinine.