Strepsils Honey and Lemon (24 Tablets)
Strepsils Honey and Lemon is a drug recommended for the treatment of flu and cold symptoms, inflammation of the mouth and throat caused by viral or bacterial infections. Symptoms of inflammation may include a scratchy throat, constant sore throat and hoarseness or sore throat when swallowing.
Strepsils sore throat lozenges with honey and lemon contain two active substances: 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol and amylmetacresol as well as excipients such as honey , peppermint oil and lemon oil. The active substances of the lozenges are antiseptics with antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anesthetic properties. Natural honey contained in the tablets also soothes and relieves a sore throat.
Strepsils with honey and lemon:
- relieves a sore throat for up to 2 hours,
- moisturizes the irritated mucosa,
- has antiviral and antibacterial properties,
- has a pleasant honey-lemon flavor.
Intended for the symptomatic treatment of inflammation of the mouth and throat in adults and children over 6 years of age.
>Active substance: Alcohol dichlorobenzylicus, Amylmetacresolum
The active substances are: 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol and amylmetacresol. One hard tablet contains 1.2 mg of 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol and 0.6 mg of amylmetacresol.
The other ingredients are: honey, peppermint oil, lemon oil, tartaric acid, quinoline yellow (E104), glucose syrup, sucrose syrup.
- Adults and children over 6 years of age: slowly suck one lozenge every 2-3 hours.
- For use on the oral mucosa.
- Do not take more than 8 lozenges a day. If symptoms persist or worsen after 3 days, consult your doctor.
Always use Strepsils exactly as described in the package leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- allergy to active substances or any of the other ingredients of this medicine;
- in children under 6 years of age.
Pack contains 24 lozenges and a leaflet
Check with your doctor before using Strepsils if you suffer from:
- diabetes (one tablet contains about 2.4 g of sugar),
- intolerance to certain sugars.
Strepsils with honey and lemon contains:
- Quinoline Yellow (E104). The drug may cause allergic reactions.
- Glucose and sucrose. If you have been diagnosed with an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking the drug.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Like all medicines, Strepsils can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Hypersensitivity reactions, rash, abdominal pain, nausea, discomfort in the mouth, sore tongue may occur.