Altacet (6 Tablets)
Altacet is a medicine intended for topical application to the skin. The medicinal product contains the active substance aluminum acetate tartrate. When applied topically to the skin, this compound has an astringent effect and relieves pain in the area of inflammation.
Altacet tablets work by loosening the epidermis, which reduces tissue swelling, while alleviating the symptoms of inflammation. The drug for short-term use on the skin is suitable for adults and children from 3 years of age and older, especially in the case of contusions of tissues and joints due to mechanical injuries.
- Contusions of tissues and joints.
- Swelling of the tissues.
1 tablet contains:
- active ingredient: 1g of aluminum tartrate,
- excipients: boric acid, crospovidone, sodium stearyl fumarate.
- Astringent, which relieves pain in the area of inflammation.
- Softening, which reduces tissue swelling and alleviates the symptoms of inflammation.
- Adults: dissolve 1 tablet in 50 ml (1/4 cup) of warm, prepared water.
- Use the solution for compresses, compresses and dressings.
- Wraps, compresses and dressings should be changed frequently to prevent them from drying out.
- Before each use, a fresh solution should be prepared.
- Any unused solution should be discarded.
- Children from 3 to 6 years of age: apply 1 compress a day.
Always take the medicine exactly as described in the package leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
- Allergy to aluminum acetate or any of the other ingredients of the drug.
- Do not use:
- on extensive or oozing wounds,
- on diseased skin,
- in children under 3 years of age,
- Store below 25°C, out of the sight and reach of children.
- Protect against moisture.
Altacet® 1 g, like any other drug, may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Local skin reactions are possible. Symptoms of skin maceration may occur when the drug is applied to large areas of the skin or when used for a long time. If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist, including any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
Warnings and Precautions
- Altacet® tablets are intended solely for the preparation of a solution for use on the skin.
- Avoid contact of the solution with the eyes and mucous membranes.
- If allergic symptoms or skin changes occur, discontinue use of the drug immediately.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you suspect that you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant.
- Breast-feeding women should not use Altacet® for compresses on the breasts, as it may be harmful to the infant’s body.
Driving vehicles and operating machinery
- Altacet® does not affect the ability to drive and use machines.
6250 Kundl, Austria
Before use, read the leaflet, which contains indications, contraindications, data on side effects, dosage and information on the use of the medicinal product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist, as each drug used improperly is a threat to your life or health.
There are no reviews yet.