Mensil Max (4 Tablets)
Mensil Max is a medicine in the form of chewable tablets with a mint flavor for adult men with erectile dysfunction. The maximum over-the-counter dose of sildenafil was used as the active ingredient in the drug. Sildenafil is a compound that belongs to the type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibitors and is an effective and the best-known ingredient supporting the achievement and maintenance of an erection. It helps to relax the blood vessels in your penis, allowing blood to flow into your penis when you get sexually excited. A prerequisite for the drug to work is prior sexual arousal.
Mensil Max is an over-the-counter drug with a double dose of sildenafil. It can start working even after 12 minutes and makes it easier to achieve an erection up to 5 hours after taking it.
The Mensil Max erection tablets do not need to be washed down. It is enough to discreetly chew a tablet and throw it. Some of the ingredients will begin to dissolve in your mouth.
The drug Mensil Max 50 mg is used:
- to treat adult men with erectile dysfunction, i.e. impotence, defined as the inability to obtain or maintain a penile erection sufficient for sexual activity.
1 tablet of Mensil 50 mg contains:
- active ingredient: sildenafil 50 mg (as citrate);
- excipients: potassium polacrylin, colloidal anhydrous silica, lactose monohydrate, povidone K-30, aspartame (E 951), croscarmellose sodium, mint flavor, magnesium stearate, potassium hydroxide (for pH adjustment), hydrochloric acid (for pH adjustment).
The drug Mensil Max is an erection pill that works by supporting the relaxation of blood vessels in the penis, increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual excitement.
Always take the medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
- Adults: if the patient has previously taken a medicine containing sildenafil in a dose of 50 mg or more – the recommended dose is 50 mg.
- If the patient has not used such a large dose before, the drug Mensil Max can be taken in a dose of 50 mg only if the patient did not feel the desired effect after taking sildenafil in a dose of 25 mg, i.e. did not obtain an erection sufficient for intercourse.
- The drug should be taken about an hour before planned sexual activity. The tablet must be chewed and chewed.
- It should not be used more than once a day.
You should not take Mensil Max together with other drugs containing sildenafil.
If a lower dose of sildenafil (25 mg) has resulted in an erection suitable for sexual intercourse, the 50 mg dose should not be used.
The patient is taking nitrates as their concomitant use can lead to a dangerous drop in blood pressure. Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicines of this class – these medicines are often used to relieve the symptoms of angina (‘chest pain’). Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Taking nitric oxide releasing medications (such as amyl nitrite poppers) as taking them together can also lead to a dangerous drop in blood pressure.
- Taking riociguat. It is a drug used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. If you are taking riociguat or are unsure, please inform your doctor.
- Severe heart or liver disease.
- Recent stroke or heart attack and in cases of low blood pressure.
- Inherited degenerative changes in the retina, such as retinitis pigmentosa .
- If you have ever had a loss of vision due to anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION) not related to arteritis.
- Keep the drug out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store in the original package in order to protect from light.
This medicine, like any other medicine, can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- flushing of the face
- hot flushes (symptoms include a feeling of heat in the upper body)
- vision with a color glow,
- blurred vision
- blurred vision,
- stuffy nose
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- allergic reaction (wheezing, difficulty breathing, swelling);
- pain in the chest;
- skin rash;
- eye irritation, redness of the eyes, pain in the eyes;
- seeing flashes of light, seeing vividly, sensitivity to light, watery eyes
- palpitations, rapid heartbeat;
- hypertension hypertension, hypotension;
- muscle aches;
- reduced sense of touch;
- ringing in the ears;
- dry mouth;
- clogged or obstructed sinuses;
- rhinitis (symptoms include runny nose, sneezing and stuffy nose);
- upper stomach pain, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (symptoms include heartburn);
- blood in urine;
- pain in arms or legs;
- feeling hot and tired.
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- excessively prolonged and sometimes painful erections (if an erection lasts longer than 4 hours, consult your doctor immediately);
- sudden decrease or loss of vision;
- severe skin reactions;
- seizures or convulsions;
- heart attack, irregular heartbeat;
- transient reduction in blood flow to part of the brain;
- throat tightness;
- numbness of the lips;
- bleeding at the back of the eye;
- double vision, decreased visual acuity;
- abnormal sensations inside the eye;
- swelling of the eyes or eyelids;
- tiny particles or points in your field of view, seeing lines around light sources;
- dilation of the pupil, abnormal discoloration of the eye proteins;
- penile bleeding, blood in semen;
- dry nose, swelling inside the nose;
- feeling irritable, and sudden decrease or loss of hearing.
- Tell the doctor or pharmacist about all the drugs that the patient is taking, or has recently taken, and about the drugs that the patient is going to take.
- You should not take Mensil Max simultaneously with other medications, without the recommendation of a doctor.
- Mensil Max may interact with certain medications, especially those used to treat chest pain. In the event of deterioration of health, requiring immediate medical attention, inform the doctor, pharmacist or nurse that you have taken Mensil Max and the time of its use.
- You should not use Mensil Max if you are taking drugs from the nitrate group, because their simultaneous use may lead to a dangerous decrease in blood pressure. Always tell your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are taking nitrates, which are used to treat angina (“chest pain”).
- Do not use Mensil Max if you are taking nitric oxide releasing drugs (such as amyl nitrate), because their simultaneous use may also cause a dangerous reduction in blood pressure.
- If you are already taking riociguat, please inform your doctor or pharmacist.
- When taking drugs from the group of protease inhibitors used to treat HIV infection, it is recommended to start treatment with a lower dose (25 mg) of the drug.
- Some patients who take alpha-blockers for high blood pressure or an enlarged prostate may experience dizziness or light-headedness, which may be symptoms of low blood pressure, caused by a drop in blood pressure when standing up or sitting down quickly.
- If you are taking ketoconazole, erythromycin, cimetidine, consult your doctor before taking Mensil Max.
Taking the drug with food, drink and alcohol
- Mensil Max can be taken with or without a meal.
- Taking Mensil Max with heavy meals may extend the time necessary to start its operation.
- Drinking alcohol may temporarily impair your ability to get an erection. In order to maximize the therapeutic potential of Mensil Max, you should not consume significant amounts of alcohol before taking the drug.
Warnings and Precautions
- Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before using Mensil Max if:
- sickle cell anemia (an abnormality of red blood cells), leukemia (cancer of blood cells), multiple myeloma (cancer of bone marrow),
- if you have an anatomical deformation of the penis or Peyronie’s disease
- heart problems – in this case, the doctor should assess whether the patient’s heart condition allows for additional effort related to sexual activity,
- peptic ulcer or blood clotting disorder (such as haemophilia).
- If you experience a sudden decrease in vision or a sudden loss of vision, stop taking Mensil Max and contact your doctor immediately.
- The drug Mensil Max should not be used simultaneously with other oral or local types of erectile dysfunction therapy.
- Mensil Max should not be used simultaneously with treatments of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) with the use of sildenafil or other PDE5 inhibitors.
- Mensil Max should not be taken if there is no erectile dysfunction.
- Mensil Max is not a drug intended for women.
- Patients with renal or hepatic impairment should inform their doctor. Patients with renal or hepatic impairment should not take more than 25 mg of sildenafil.
Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility
- The drug Mensil Max is not intended for use by women.
Children and youth
- Mensil Max should not be used by people under 18 years of age.
Driving vehicles and operating machinery
- The drug Mensil Max may cause dizziness and visual disturbances. Before driving or operating machinery, patients should find out how they respond to the medicine.
The drug Mensil Max contains aspartame
- The drug contains 4.30 mg of aspartame in each tablet. Aspartame is a source of phenylalanine. May be harmful for patients with phenylketonuria. This is a rare genetic disease in which phenylalanine builds up in the body because it is not excreted properly.
The drug Mensil Max contains lactose
- If the patient has been diagnosed with an intolerance to some sugars, the patient should consult a doctor before taking the drug.
PPF Hasco-Lek SA
ul. Żmigrodzka 242 E
- Before use, read the leaflet, which contains indications, contraindications, data on side effects, dosage and information on the use of the medicinal product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist, as each drug used improperly is a threat to your life or health.
- If you have the impression that the effect of Mensil Max is too strong or too weak, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- The amount of time this medicine takes to work on erections varies from person to person, but it normally takes between half an hour and one hour. The effect of the drug may be delayed if the drug is used after a heavy meal.
- You should contact your doctor if you do not get an erection after taking Merisil 50 mg or if the erection is not long enough for you to have sexual intercourse.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
There are no reviews yet.