Neo-angin is a drug in the form of lozenges which contains two substances (2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol and amylmetacresol) with antibacterial and antifungal properties and levomenthol, which causes a cooling sensation on the mucous membranes and has a weak local anesthetic effect.
Neo-angin is recommended to support the treatment of inflammation of the mouth and throat, with symptoms such as: sore throat, redness, swelling.
Active ingredient: Alcohol dichlorobenzylicus, Amylmetacresolum, Mentholum
|The active substance||The active substances are 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol, amylmetacresol and levomenthol. One lozenge contains 1.2 mg of 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol, 0.6 mg of amylmetacresol and 5.9 mg of levomenthol.|
|the other ingredients||star anise oil, peppermint oil, sucrose, glucose syrup, tartaric acid, cochineal red A (E 124).|
The drug is intended for use in adults and children over 6 years of age.
- The drug is administered orally.
- Slowly suck or dissolve 1 tablet every 2-3 hours.
- Do not take more than 6 tablets in a day.
- Do not swallow the tablets whole. Don’t chew.
- Do not use in children under 6 years of age.
- Do not take the drug for more than 4-5 days without a doctor’s recommendation.
If you feel that the effect of Neo-angin is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor.
Use of the drug in children and adolescents
Do not use in children under 6 years of age.
When not to use Neo-angin
- if you are allergic to the active substances or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if you suffer from fructose intolerance.
- in children under 6 years of age.
This is medicine. For safety, use it according to the leaflet attached to the package. Do not exceed the maximum dose of the drug. If in doubt, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- if you suffer from diabetes. One lozenge contains 1.14 g of glucose and 1.42 g of sucrose.
- if sore throat persists or if you experience symptoms such as cough and fever, consult your doctor.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Neo-angin
One tablet contains 1.14 g of glucose and 1.42 g of sucrose. This should be taken into account in diabetic patients. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
The medicine contains cochineal red (E124) which may cause allergic reactions.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
There are insufficient data on the use of the drug in pregnant and lactating women.
No studies on the effects on the ability to drive and use machines have been performed.
When using a much higher than recommended dose, irritation of the gastric and intestinal mucosa may occur. In this case, symptomatic treatment is recommended. If you take more than the recommended dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Interactions with other drugs
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
So far, no significant interactions with other orally administered drugs have been reported.
Like all medicines, Neo-angin can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Very rarely (less than 1 in 10,000 patients using the drug) irritation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and digestive tract has been observed.
- Allergic reactions may also occur.
There are no reviews yet.