UroFuraginum 50mg (30 Tablets)
UroFuraginum is the first drug without a prescription containing furagine, which heals lower urinary tract infections.
What is UroFuraginum and how does it work?
UroFuraginum is a medicine that contains the active substance furazidine, also called furagin .
Furazidine is a nitrofuran derivative that inhibits the growth of bacteria that cause urinary tract infections. If after 7-8 days there is no improvement or the patient feels worse, see a doctor.
UroFuraginum should not be used in children and adolescents. The tablets should not be used in the first three months of pregnancy (first trimester) or in women who are term-pregnant or during labor. Particular care should be taken when used in the last three months of pregnancy (third trimester).
The active substance is furazidine, also called furagin. 1 tablet contains 50 mg of furazidine.
The other ingredients are: maize starch, sucrose, colloidal anhydrous silica, stearic acid.
- Adults: first day of treatment: 100 mg (2 tablets) 4 times a day; next days: 100 mg (2 tablets) 3 times a day.
- UroFuraginum should be taken orally with meals containing a protein that increases the absorption of the drug.
- The drug is used for 7-8 days. If symptoms worsen or do not improve after 7-8 days, see your doctor.
- UroFuraginum should not be used in children and adolescents.
Always take UroFuraginum exactly as described in the package leaflet or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
When should you not take UroFuraginum?
- if you are allergic to the active substance or any of the other ingredients of this medicine or other nitrofuran derivatives,
- in the first trimester of pregnancy,
- during term pregnancy (from 38 weeks) and childbirth, due to the risk of haemolytic anemia (anemia related to the breakdown of red blood cells) in the newborn,
- in children and adolescents,
- if you have renal insufficiency, and laboratory tests show creatinine clearance below 60 ml / min or elevated serum creatinine levels,
- if you suffer from known polyneuropathy (a disorder of the nervous system), e.g. in the course of diabetes,
- if you have a deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (an enzyme involved in the metabolism of red blood cells).
The package of UroFuraginum 50 mg contains 30 tablets and a leaflet.